This program is aimed at training candidates for the job of a “Self Employed Tailor”, in the “Apparel, Made Ups and HomeFurnishing” Sector/Industry and aims at building the following key competencies amongst the learner.
Training will be provided in :
- Drafting and cutting the fabric
- Carry out the process of sewing for dress materials and common household items of textiles
- Carry out inspections and alterations to adjust corrections for fittings
- Maintain health, safety and security in the tailoring shop
- Maintain work area, tools and machines
- Comply with industry, regulatory and organizational requirements